November is officially Lung Cancer Awareness Month. This all started as Lung Cancer Awareness Day way back in 1995. As the lung cancer community and the lung cancermovement grew, the awareness activities increased and grew into Lung Cancer Awareness Month.
Five Easy Ways to Make a Difference During Lung Cancer Awareness Month
November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month, an opportunity to join forces as a community and make our voice heard in honor of those fighting the disease and for those we have lost. Here are 5 ways to get involved and raise awareness this November.
1. Host or Attend an Event– With close to 200 lung cancer events taking place across the country, chances are, there is one near you. Find one today! You can also host a Shine A Light Your Way and raise critical funds for lung cancer research. Here’s how to get started!
2. Get Social – Social media, like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, make it easy to spread the word about lung cancer to your friends and others. Here are a few things to remember while posting:
– Change your profile picture! Visit our Facebook home page on November 1st (and throughout the month) to easily add a lung cancer awareness frame to your profile picture.
– Use #ShareHope in your posts to spread hope to the community through personal stories, news articles and other lung cancer advances.
– Share our powerful lung cancer stats posts, which can be found on our Facebook , Twitter and Instagram pages throughout the month of November. Just click the “share” button at the bottom of the post.
3. Donate! – No time? Not on social media? No problem! One of the easiest ways to join the movement is by donating to the cause. Consider a donation today and make a big difference in the lives of those touched by lung cancer.
4. Contact Congress – Contact your elected officials and ask them for support of the Lung Cancer Research and Preventive Services Act. The more people sending in messages about lung cancer the more likely our nation’s leaders are to do something about it. Contact your rep today!
5. Shop Shop Shop
– Stay Stylish – Our newly designed lung cancer awareness t-shirt is powerful and stylish all at once. It makes for a great gift or just treat yourself. You deserve it!
– Amazon Smile – Buy anything you want and list Lung Cancer Alliance as your charity.
Your actions this November make a big difference! No matter what you choose to do, be sure to let us know so we can show the community and urge others to follow your lead!